Friday, October 12, 2007

30 hour famine ! new experience !








The 30 hour famine organized by World Vision has ended. It was a great opportunity for me and my friends, and it was also a totally new experience. It was a fun-filled event and of course, hungry -,-. What more, I was a volunteer !! ^^ We wore in yellow color's shirt while the campers were in orange. In other words, we were like a walking bananas and the campers were oranges .. haha.. funny... At the morning , Shafil, a Curtin staff arranged by Anita, drove us to the Miri Indoor Stadium and left us there to taste the hunger. T.T Above was the four of us, we have Yong Yi besides me, Khe Han and Yue Yong. YonG Yi and Khe Han came from Johor too ! As for YuE Yong, he came from K.K(Sabah). The 3 of them were group leaders while, I was a production volunteer. Actually, I was doing the 'toughest' work. My job was to switch on and off the stadium's lights and .... delivery boy to make sure my production's workers have water and meal (break-fast)... The stadium was not too big, but it was big enough for me to get tired and exhausted. Almost every hour or two, I'll have to go to the other side of the stadium for turning on and off the lights... I've missed 80% of the programs . At the first night, Daniel Lee, Desiree Tan, Halo cafe's artists came to perform. The climax was when Daniel and Des's performances. Their voices, oh gosh... it was like heavenly voice from Des. Des !! I'll buy your album for sure !! haha. Although everybody was really tired and hungry, but when Daniel appeared on the stage, every one was like gone mad, and kept shouting'Daniel, Daniel'... cool.... I've took quite a lot of photos and videos.... very nice...

The night was .... cold.... I brought only a tower for me and slept under the air-con... wow... tortured... I woke up twice because I was really very cold..... I couldn't even slept..... Well, at last, I woke up at 5.41am... The morning call was at 7am, but almost everyone was awake. For the morning religious session, it was amazing, 90% of the campers were Christian, wow!! It was almost like a Christian camp. LOL... We used the main stage for the morning service. After that, we continued our event with lot of activities, and seminar ... and auction too !!! I think the most valuable thing was Rain's wrist band.. haha... it went up to RM 50++ haih..crazy fan.... World Vision has already organized 30-hour famine in Malaysia for 10 years. For the past 10 years, was held in West Malaysia, and this year, they had this event in East Malaysia the very first time, I was very happy and honored to take part in this such a meaningful event to help the helpless children and raised fund to help the poor to rebuild their home land...

I wish to take part in this event again next year... Thank God I'm still alive... haha...

Bye...

No comments: